Thursday, September 25, 2014

Six words.

 
"Just literally stop giving a fuck"
Six words, texted to me from my go to human in life, my sister.
Six words that have now become my mantra.
Six words that could help many others just like me.
 
 

I am a textbook Virgo (if you believe in that kind of stuff) with OCD and a lack of confidence.
It doesn't come easy changing my mindset, yet I attempt to every morning when I wake up.
Some people believe if you constantly receive positive feedback, that confidence follows and there is nothing
more untrue than that. Confidence is embedded, you have it or you work to have it within yourself,
it's that simple. I try and step back daily, and not compare what I'm doing and what brings me happiness to others.
This practice of changing my thoughts has been something I work on in all aspects of my life, but has
been in full effect art wise since I started to like grit and grain in photos. I am not all that confident in my
clear works, so putting photos such as these out there, takes a lot. Those six words, constantly running
through my head. If you change your thoughts, you can change your life and to be honest
it's working. I do not care, like them, don't like them, fail, succeed. Repeat it, over and over.
 
 
 
Those six words. Literally, stop.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment