Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Silence yourself.



"Whatever you hold in your mind will tend to occur in your life. If you continue to believe as you have always believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted. If you continue to act as you have always acted, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. If you want different results in your life or your work, all you have to do is change your mind."-Unknown

We tend to become our own worst enemy, saying things and thinking things about ourselves that we would never think about others. I used to believe I just lacked confidence, or something of the sort and that I would think negatively about myself forever because that's just how I was wired. That couldn't be further from the truth, and I'm glad I learned that lesson. What you give power to in your mind, has power over you, repeat it over and over again.

For a couple months now I have been in the process of changing my mind. At first it took constant effort, until it didn't. What once was negative is now positive, with little to no effort. I remain positive of all things, and try to get my loved ones to do the same. Of course you'll have slip ups, bad days and so on, but even in your darkest hour, change your mind. Just change those negative thoughts back into positive ones. Love yourself for who you are now, even if you're in the mist of trying to create a better life, body or job, because without your own support, you're setting yourself up for failure. Give power to the positive and tell the negative to go take a walk.

Photos: Keri Collins
Edits: Victoria Galvin
Collaredowlet@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment